Spring has sprung, bringing with it the perfect picnic weather! This chicken salad, flavored with fresh dill and parsley, is simple yet tasty. It can be served on its own, with toppings of your choice, or on sweet croissants—whatever you love most! This salad can easily be packed and enjoyed outdoors with family and friends.
- 4 lbs. chicken
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup seedless grapes, chopped in half
- 1 cupped sliced almonds
- 2 stalks diced celery
- 2 tbsp fresh, chopped dill
- 1 tbs freshy, chopped parsley
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Spread the olive oil on the chicken pieces and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 45-55 minutes. Remove from the oven, let cool, and shred.
- In a large bowl, mix the chicken with the grapes, almonds, celery, dill, and parsley.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Combine the mayonnaise mixture to the chicken mixture and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve the salad on a bed of greens or on bread with lettuce. Enjoy!
Makes 10 servings